While Fein has had several corded mag drills on the market for many years, they’ve just recently entered the cordless mag drill market with their AJMU 137 PMQW. This new mag drill takes advantage of Fein’s 18v battery system and comes in a kit with (2) 5.2ah batteries, which should provide good runtime for professional use. A cordless mag drill allows metal workers to drill on sites where there isn’t any electricity and also reduces the hassle of using a generator and extension cords.
My thoughts: Milwaukee had the market cornered for a few years in the cordless mag drill category, but users can now benefit from being able to choose Milwaukee or Fein. With a permanent magnet that’s engaged with a lever, a gravity fed cooling system, and a brushless motor, this unit should be a good fit for anyone who needs to drill a ton of holes somewhere that doesn’t have electricity. Other features include on board hex key storage, a reversible handle for right or left hand users, and a magnetic holding force gauge.
Features and specifications:
- Extremely wear-resistant tool concept with swivel-mounted motor cable protection hose for tough conditions in industry and skilled trades.
- Small and lightweight tool for persistently high long-term work progress thanks to brushless FEIN PowerDrive motor with tacho electronics and FEIN High Power battery with high-current-capable cells.
- Flexibility in all mobile drilling operations, such as core drilling, spiral drilling, tapping, sinking and reaming.
- FEIN High Power Li-ion battery. Continuously high current output with 75% higher amperage than Li-ion batteries for high cutting speed.
- Simple and error-proof control concept in the operator’s field of view.
- Convenient magnetic holding force gauge.
- Tilt sensor.
- Electronic speed control.
- Extra long stroke.
- MT2 tool mounting.
- Extra narrow permanent magnet with magnetic bias.
- “Memory function” speed storage.
- The battery capacity can be read directly on the battery.
- FEIN SafetyCell technology. Protects the battery and the machine from overloading, overheating and deep discharge.
- 3 year FEIN PLUS guarantee, including battery and charger.
- * optional using accessory.
- ** Highest performance with FEIN High Power Li-ion battery
- Battery voltage: 18 V
- Battery capacity: 5.2ah
- Motor type: brushless
- Full load speed: 130 – 520 rpm
- Tool mount: 3/4 in Weldon
- Twist drill max diameter: 11/16 in
- Mag base max drilling depth: 2(3)* in
- Tapping M 14 in
- Max countersinking diameter: 1-1/4 in
- Reaming max diameter: 11/16 in
- Carbide annular cutter max diameter: 1-3/8 in
- HSS annular cutters max diameter: 1-3/8 in
- Annular cutter holder: 3/4 in Weldon
- Annular cutter change: tool-free
- Stroke: 5-1/4 in
- Total stroke range: 10-1/4 in
- Magnetic holding force: 2,023 lbs
- Magnetic base dimensions: 7-11/16 x 2-3/4 in
- Weight including battery: 28.2 lbs
- Weight without battery: 26.7 lbs
- Price at the time of writing: $1,630
Free 2 day shipping – Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Tool Craze does not sell this product or any product on the Tool Craze website. Tool Craze does not handle the sale of any item in any way. If you purchase something through a post on the Tool Craze site, Tool Craze may get a small share of the sale. Please refer to the About section for more info.
Leave a Comment