After Ridgid released their Hyper Octane 3AH compact battery here in North America, it figured that AEG wouldn’t be far behind since both brands have come out with new battery tech in the past year or so. The new AEG L1830RHD 3.0ah battery rounds out the new offerings from AEG since they have recently come out with a 6.0ah and 9.0ah batteries.
Full disclosure: This is not a review, this is tool news. Tool Craze cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information/specifications/features of any tool listed in this article. Manufacturer marketing claims may not always meet expectations. Tool Craze is not responsible if products do not live up to claimed expectations. Please do your full research before buying any products. Tool Craze is an Amazon Associate and places paid links including those from other retailers that Tool Craze is an affiliate partner with. If you purchase something through a link on the Tool Craze site, Tool Craze may get a small share of the sale.
My thoughts: This new battery makes AEG the 4th company to offer a compact 18v 3.0ah battery along with Ridgid, DeWalt, and Hitachi/Hikok/Metabo HPT. this new battery is also labeled as HD which is the same branding on their 6.0ah and 9.0ah batteries. The HD branding is the same (as confirmed by AEG France) as the Force branding in Australia and New Zealand and means the battery and tool communicate to deliver more power. Since this looks to be the exact same battery as the Ridgid 3ah Hyper Octane battery, but under AEG branding, it’s probably safe to assume this new battery is using the newer 21700 cells, which handle heat and heavy loads better than 18650 cells. If they had used 18650 cells, there’s a good chance they wouldn’t have been able to get the amperage output needed to power the tools that the new HD batteries are intended for. This new battery should be an excellent addition for anyone looking for a lightweight and compact option without compromising on power. While there’s currently no word if or when this will come to Australia and New Zealand branded as a Force battery, I suspect it will show up there before too long.
- The new HD battery technology offers higher performance lever on high demand applications
- New HD battery technology helps the pack remain cool no matter the application – less risk of overheating
- AEG Powertools Lithium-Ion technology provides the optimum power Battery platform with triple protection
- Thermal overload protection: Protects Battery if Temperature gets too high
- Current overload protection: Shuts down the pack in order to protect battery and tool from high current draw
- Individual cell monitoring: Protects individual cells from over discharging
- On-board battery fuel gauge helps the user to maximize his battery run-time efficiency
- Heavy duty pack construction for optimal resistance to jobsite abuses
- Backwards compatible with ALL AEG 18V tools
- Battery type: Lithium Ion
- Battery Weight: 0.66 KG (1.46 lbs)
Free 2 day shipping – Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Tool Craze does not sell this product or any product on the Tool Craze website. Tool Craze does not handle the sale of any item in any way. If you purchase something through a post on the Tool Craze site, Tool Craze may get a small share of the sale. Please refer to the About section for more info.
Leave a Comment