A while back we learned of a new Makita 12v CXT UR100DZ string trimmer in Australia. The good news is this unit is coming to the U.S.A. as the Makita 12V CXT RU03Z String Trimmer. The features appear to be the same between the two models although the U.S.A model has 1,000 less rpm than Australian model.
My thoughts: Obviously being a 12v string trimmer this unit will have its limits, but it should be a good fit for smaller yards where someone doesn’t need a lot of power and doesn’t want to mess with mixing fuel and doesn’t want the extra weight of a gas unit or a larger battery powered unit. 38 minutes of runtime is pretty impressive for a 4.0ah battery, much less a 12v 4.0ah battery, so users with a smaller property should have no problem with running out of juice.
- Up to 38 minutes of run time under no load using 4.0Ah battery BL1041B
- Telescoping shaft extends from 32-7/8” to 46-3/4” for optimum cutting position
- Makita-built motor delivers 9,000 RPM for faster cutting
- 180º rotating head allows the trimmer to convert to edger; 10-1/4” cutting width
- Compact size is ideal for trimming and precise edging
- Adjustable loop handle for convenient operation
- Weighs only 4.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience
- Cutting Capacity (diameter) : 10-1/4″
- No Load Speed : 9,000 RPM
- Battery : 12V max CXT™ Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 46-3/4″
- Net Weight (with battery) : 4.2 lbs. (Makita’s website did not specify size battery was used for weight spec)
- Shaft Type : Telescoping
- Shipping Weight : 7.12 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-854283
Free 2 day shipping – Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Tool Craze does not sell this product or any product on the Tool Craze website. Tool Craze does not handle the sale of any item in any way. If you purchase something through a post on the Tool Craze site, Tool Craze may get a small share of the sale. Please refer to the About section for more info.