Part of Greenlee’s line of cordless battery powered crimping tools is an 18V bolt cutter the ETS12L11 Gator Cutter – Bolt and Lock. It’s small & compact at 13-5/8″ in length which is about the size of a cordless right angle drill. This gives it the ability to fit into spots where traditional bolt cutters could only dream of and not to mention no more strain when cutting as the tool does all the heavy work.
It has a capacity of up to a 1/2″ and it’s powered by Makita 18V lithium ion slide pack batteries which are known for their super fast recharge times. According to Greenlee it has a long runtime of up to 200 cycles per charge. It has a built in LED light that serves as light for working in dark areas when in use and also as a battery indicator. The cutting head can also rotate 350° to get into the right angle when in use.
Greenlee comes out with a ton of great tools for electricians and have some unique battery powered cordless tools for the trade. Its a bit expensive at just over 1k USD but users will appreciate its ease of use and the ability to use this in confined spaces where you wouldn’t be able to use regular long bolt cutters. And because it uses Makita 18V batteries, you can always add additional Makita 18V tools to the collection should the need arise.
- Designed to cut one-time disposable locks, shipping container seals and small diameter bolts
- Makita Battery : 18 V 1.5 AMP-HR Lithium-Ion
- Battery Charge Time : 30 MINT
- Cutting Capacity : 1/2 IN Diameter Common Bolt, 7/16 IN Diameter Grade 5 Bolt, 5/16 IN Diameter Grade 8 Bolt, 1/2 IN diameter Threaded Rod, One-Time Disposable Lock 4 AWG Alumoweld, BL-9 Boa Lock, 3/8 IN Diameter Grade 40 Rebar, 3/8 IN Diameter (1/2 IN Diameter Using Two Cycles)
- Estimated Cycles per Charge : 200
- Length : 13-5/8 IN
- LED light provides the operator with the battery charge and tool maintenance status
- In line tool style is light weight and very easy to control
- One trigger controls all tool functions
- Cutting head rotates 350°
- Tools automatically retract when the cutting cycle is complete
- Overmolded tacky grip areas make gripping the tool easier and more comfortable
- LED work light illuminatesdark work
Leave a Comment