Back in March I wrote about the new Kobalt 80V Max line that includes a mower, blower, and chain saw all using high voltage 80V Max lithium ion batteries. Now Kobalt added a new member to that 80V Max line with the addition of a 16″ String Trimmer.
This new model has a large 16 inch cutting swath and using dual 0.08″ lines for improved cutting performance. You can adjust the cutting swath from 14 inches for longer battery runtime to 16 inches for a larger cutting area. What’s also interesting to note about the new model is that it accepts universal attachments for gas powered trimmers for use with other attachments and blades to tackle more than just grass such as heavy brush.
- Powered by the industries highest voltage battery to provide ultimate performance
- Adjustable cutting swath from 14-in to 16-in for longer runtime or greater cutting area
- Accepts universal gas attachments to turn your trimmer into a variety of different tools
- Dual .080-in twisted line to tackle the thickest grass
- 13.22 lbs weight
- Hi/Lo variable speed trigger for greater control
- Included 2-amp-hour battery charges in 30 minutes or less
- Compatible with the entire Kobalt 80-volt system
The 80 v cobalt trimmer’s manual says do not use a brush blade but didn’t say why.
Why, I wonder?
Anyone try it with the attachments? I was going to get one and use an edger attachment but was given conflicting advice on whether it had the power to handle that. any thoughts? thanbks
I bought a pole saw attachment for it and it works absolutely perfect!
First item we tried to use our new Kobalt trimmer for was a pole saw (also new). Used it for less than 1 hour and it stripped out a nylon coupler. Perhaps it says not to use with brush blade because the coupler isn’t strong enough? Worked great until it broke. 🙂
Used a trimmerPlus Hedge trimmer attachment sold at Lowes – Smoked the plastic coupler in the motor where the square drive goes in. – Looking for replacement coupler. That Hedge trimmer is heavy and seems to strain the motor much more than the string trimmer. Plus it was too damn heavy anyway.
I use universal attachment edger with mine & it works great.
how do you remove the original trimmer head on the Kobalt 8v volt trimmer?