Ryobi just announced a new jump starter that’s powered by their 18V batteries! Let’s check it out below.
Disclosure: This is tool news. Tool Craze cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information of any tool listed in this article. Manufacturer marketing claims may not always meet expectations. Tool Craze is not responsible if products do not live up to claimed expectations. Please do your full research before buying any products. Tool Craze is an Amazon Associate. Also an affiliate with the Home Depot, Acme Tools, Ohio Power Tool, Tool Nut. As well as an affiliate with Lowe’s, Ebay, and Walmart and places affiliate links to these retailers. If you purchase through a link on this site, we may get a share of the sale.
Ryobi 18V 1600 Peak Amp Jump Starter – Features
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Ryobi’s 18V cordless system has the most variety. This can be seen in their range offering the traditional power tool staples to trade specific offerings. They also include automotive products and those for the home. This new 18V offering continues in that tradition with a completely new car jump starter for a dead battery.
Jump starters have been around for a long time. The older ones used bulky and heavy lead acid batteries. Modern jump starters use lithium ion batteries and are much lighter and smaller. Since the new ones use lithium batteries, it made sense that they would eventually make a jump starter that is powered by a power tool battery. Ryobi was the one crazy enough or smart enough to do it and I think they should have done it much sooner.
This jump starter provides a rated 1600 peak amps for up to a 6.0L V8 engine. It can operate in as low as -4 degrees F with 800 cold cranking amps.
It comes with a couple of safety features such as anti-spark tech and reverse polarity protection. You don’t want sparks as that could potentially start a fire. And improper jump starting caused by placing the jumper cables wrong can potentially damage engine components such as the alternator. That’s why the reverse polarity protection feature is good to have.
An LED light at the front comes in handy for those emergency night time road side emergencies. The rear has a covered battery compartment. It includes both clamps with onboard storage and a rubber handle in front. Indicator lights let you know the status of the device and to know when it’s ready to use.
Ryobi 18V 1600 Peak Amp Jump Starter – How To Use
After installing a charged 18V battery pack, you press and hold the power button to turn on. Then press the icon that looks like the “check engine light” to prime. The jump starter will then begin priming. A light will indicate it is doing so. Within 60 seconds or less, a green start engine light will appear signaling you are ready to start the engine.
Ryobi 18V 1600 Peak Amp Jump Starter – Pricing & Availability
It is set to launch August 2023. Priced at $179 as a baretool P7101A and $199 as a kit P7110 with 2ah battery and charger.
- Use any RYOBI 18V ONE+ battery to jump start a car, truck, boat, or other vehicle
- 1600 peak amps to jump start up to a 6.0L V8 engine
- Up to 20 jumps per charge using an 18V ONE+ 2Ah battery
- Operates in temperatures as low as -4°F with 800 cold cranking amps
- Anti-spark technology and reverse polarity protection to ensure cables are safely connected to the battery without sparking
- Start in less than 60 seconds with the quick start guide
- LED work light for increased visibility in roadside and low light situations
- Compatible with 12V lead acid batteries
- Part of the RYOBI 18V ONE+ system of over 280 cordless products
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- P7110A Includes: P7101 1600 Peak Amp 18V ONE+ Jump Starter, PBP006 18V 2Ah Lithium Battery, PCG002 18V Charger and Operator’s Manuals
- P7101A Includes 1600 Peak Amp 18V ONE+ Jump Starter and Operator’s Manual
- This tool will be available in both a tool-only and kit configuration exclusively at The Home Depot and HomeDepot.com.
We are a participant in The Home Depot Affiliate Program. It is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to homedepot.com. Tool Craze does not sell this product or any product on the Tool Craze website. We do not handle the sale of any item in any way. Please refer to the About section for more info.
You may also like: