Announced today is a new Ryobi 18V 1800W Power Station. This will give you 120V AC power when the power goes out or when away from home. Let’s check it out below.
Disclosure: This is tool news. Tool Craze cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information of any tool listed in this article. Manufacturer marketing claims may not always meet expectations. Tool Craze is not responsible if products do not live up to claimed expectations. Please do your full research before buying any products. Tool Craze is an Amazon Associate. Also an affiliate with the Home Depot, Acme Tools, Ohio Power Tool, Tool Nut. As well as an affiliate with Lowe’s, Ebay, and Walmart and places affiliate links to these retailers. If you purchase through a link on this site, we may get a share of the sale.
Ryobi 18V 1800W Power Station
This power station allows you to use power tool batteries to run your everyday household appliances. Similar to a regular power station from Jackery or Ecoflow but instead of using internal batteries, it uses Ryobi power tool batteries. It uses pure sine wave tech which in laymans terms means that it outputs electricity that plays nice with sensitive electronics.
This isn’t Ryobi’s first 1800 watt power station. They actually already have a 40V 1800W power station so this is their second version. The original runs on Ryobi 40V batteries while this new one runs on Ryobi 18V batteries. This might make it more convenient for a lot of people since Ryobi’s 18V batteries are far more common and popular than their 40V system.
Ryobi 18V 1800W Power Station – Features
The image above shows that it can take quite a bit of 18V batteries with 4 on the left side.
There are an additional 4 battery slots on the right side for a total of up to 8 batteries. Ryobi says you can run a TV for about 10 hours or so when using four 6ah batteries.
Ryobi touts it as having up to 1800 running watts with 3000 starting watts. The manual on the 40V version states that it can only get 1800 watts for three minutes. Then it goes to 1600 running watts. I don’t see any of that mentioned in the press release info provided by Ryobi at the time of writing but keep your eyes peeled. The Home Depot website usually provides the digital manual so make sure to look at that for any disclosures. This 18V model is so similar to the 40V that I suspect that might be the case here as well so keep your eyes peeled for disclosures.
Ryobi also didn’t mention in their press release how many 18v batteries are required to get 1800 total running watts. You can’t get 1800 watts from just one 18V battery so more than one are needed. But how many batteries is the bare minimum? THAT IS THE QUESTION! I have reached out to Ryobi with this question and will update this article when I here back from them.
After I reached out to Ryobi asking them what the minimum number of batteries needed to operate? They replied to my question. Below is their response:
This can be operated with as few batteries as one and as many as eight! Just depends on the power draw of the device you are trying to charge or power. Charging a mobile phone can be operated off one battery, but running something larger like a television will require more.
So according to their answer, only one battery is needed to run this power station. However you wont get the full 1800 watts output with simply one battery. Ryobi says you can charge your phone with just one battery installed but if you need more power output you will need more batteries. Specific details on how many watts out you get with one battery or more is not mentioned. Neither is it mentioned what is the minimum amount of batteries to get the full 1800 watts. So make sure to read the retail box and manual for the full details.
Ryobi 18V 1800W Power Station – Ports
Back to the front of the unit, we see 3 120V 15A AC outlets. This lets you plug just about anything in. For example your TV, lights, your fridge, your table saw, you name it. It also has 6 USB ports to charge your mobile devices on the go as well. They are as follows: (2) USB-A 12W Max, (2) Fast Charge USB-A 18W Max, (2) USB-C 45W Max. But the ports don’t end there.
It also has the ability to charge batteries as well. You can plug in solar panels and also connect with another Ryobi power station for twice the power output.
There is an additional USB-C 60W input port to charge the unit’s plugged in batteries. A USB-C cable and charger plug are included.
The front of the unit also has a LCD display that displays the batteries and their charge. As well as output watts. There we can also see the two side handles (total of 4). It has a built in LED light in the front top perfect for emergency situations.
The unit even features Bluetooth so you can use the Gencontrol app to monitor and shutoff/reset the unit remotely. This is a useful feature if you like to nerd out with tech data and remote control.
The top of the unit features a larger carry handle for easy transport.
Ryobi 18V 1800W Power Station – Pricing & Availability
It will be available in July 2023. The baretool RYi818BT is priced at $799. The kit RYi818BG with four 6ah High Performance batteries is $999.
Ryobi 18V 1800W Power Station
- 3,000 starting watts & 1,800 running watts
- Ideal for indoor use with zero emissions and quiet operation
- Safe for sensitive electronics using pure sine wave technology
- Solar charging capable for convenient portable power
- Use to power appliances, fans, lights, TVs and small electronics
- Use to charge phones, laptops, handheld devices, batteries and more
- Bluetooth capable: monitor up to (2) inverters at the same time using the GENCONTROL app
- Runtime: Can run a television for up to 10 hours* w/ 4x 6ah batteries
- Operational capacity: Can keep a refrigerator, television, wifi router, and cell phone powered simultaneously
- Remote shutoff, reset and monitoring of battery levels and power consumption with GENCONTROL app
- Connect two inverters together with the parallel kit (AUN9230TT – sold separately) for twice the power output
- LCD screen displays battery level and load level
- Conveniently swap batteries without losing power output
- Charge 18V ONE+ batteries with included charging adaptor
- Capacity: Up to (8) 18V ONE+ batteries
- Outlet types: (3) 120V AC 15A, (2) USB-A 12W Max, (2) Fast Charge USB-A 18W Max, (2) USB-C 45W Max
- External LED light
- Part of the RYOBI™ 18V ONE+™ System of over 280 Cordless Products
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- RYi818BG Includes: 18V ONE+ Power Station, (4) 18V 6Ah HIGH PERFORMANCE Lithium Batteries, Protective Cover, Charger Adaptor, USB-C Cable, and Operator’s Manuals
- RYi818BT Includes: 18V ONE+ Power Station, Protective Cover, Charger Adaptor, USB-C Cable, and Operator’s Manuals
- This tool will be available in both a tool-only and kit configuration exclusively in select Home Depot stores and on HomeDepot.com.
We are a participant in The Home Depot Affiliate Program. It is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to homedepot.com. Tool Craze does not sell this product or any product on the Tool Craze website. We do not handle the sale of any item in any way. Please refer to the About section for more info.
Check out these other articles:
Ryobi RYI1802B6 40V 1800 WATT POWER STATION (1600 Actual Running Watts)
New 46″ & 42″ Ryobi 80V HP Brushless Lithium Electric Riding Lawn Tractor
New Ryobi 40V HP Brushless Whisper Series 2000 PSI 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer RY40306BTLVNM
Wow! I can’t believe they’re actually making it. Much more useful than the 40v version
It’s pretty cool but $800 for the bare tool? No Thanks.
It aint cheap